Redlands Quilt Extravaganza
September 10-12, 2010
• All quilted items and embellished garments can be entered for “Display Only” or for “Display and Judging”. Priority for hanging will be given to items offered for judging.
• An Entry Form must be completed for each item entered.
• All items will be exhibited at the owner’s risk. Insurance, if required, should be arranged by the entrant.
• There is no charge to enter quilts and other items in the Quilt Extravaganza.
1. A quilt is defined as three (3) or more layers of fabric held together at regular intervals by stitching or some other means.
2. No quilt larger than 300cm X 300cm can be exhibited.
3. No more than six (6) items may be entered for judging by any entrant. Items for hanging in the display will be selected at the judges’ discretion.
4. Comprehensive credit for design and inspiration must be given. Full details must be supplied and attribution given if the entry has been made in a class or workshop or taken from a publication. A short description of the quilt (around 40 words) acknowledging all sources of inspiration must accompany the entry.
5. The entrant is responsible for obtaining written permission for use of copyright material including trademarks.
6. A PROFESSIONAL is defined as a person who: makes a livelihood from teaching or publishing in a field of craft or who makes financial gain from constructing and/or selling and/or designing items or components of craft or has won “Best of Show” or two Blue Ribbons in a major judged competition excluding Viewers Choice. Having exhibited as a professional amateur status cannot be resumed.
7. A COMMERCIAL QUILTER is someone who has quilted a quilt on a long-arm industrial machine or similar machine quilting system or who has accepted payment for quilting a quilt.
8. Quilts that have been awarded prizes in overseas or Australian state or national quilt competitions are welcomed for display.
9. It is the responsibility of each entrant to establish, prior to the competition, the best category for each entry.
10. No quilt or garment may be entered into more than one category.
11. Each entry must have a securely attached label on the back stating the name, address and phone number of the entrant as well as the quilt or item name.
12. Prizes awarded in all categories will be made to the entrant/owner of the item only. All contributors must be acknowledged.
13. If less than four (4) items are entered in a category, at the discretion of the judges only one prize will be awarded in that category.
14. Judging will take place prior to the event commencing and prize ribbons will be attached to the winning items prior to the event opening.
15. The decision of the judges will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. Members of Redlands Quilt Extravaganza Inc. reserve the right to photograph all entries for purposes such as record keeping, publicity, publication or other appropriate purpose.
17. A hanging sleeve of 8cm is to be stitched or securely attached to the top of the quilt and should be 2cms short from each end.
18. All entries accompanies by an Entry Form are to be delivered to Bayside StitchCraft, Shop 2/140 Ross Court, Cleveland, between the hours of 9am and 5pm from Tuesday 31 August 2010 to Friday3 September 2010 and between 9am and 12 noon on Saturday 4 September 2010.
19. Each entry MUST be delivered in its own amply sized bag, preferable a cloth one.
20. All items entered must be collected from the Auditorium between 3.30 and 4.30pm on Sunday 12 September 2010. Prior arrangement can be made for collecting displayed items from Bayside StitchCraft on Monday 13 September 2010 or soon thereafter.